Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Year Ago

Hard to believe, but it's been a year since my dossier was logged in (okay, a year and a couple days). At that point, my agency was able to make referrals in 4 or 5 months, with travel in another 3 to 4 months.

Now, I'm waiting for the I-600 approval, so I'm in the homestretch, but it's hard to believe it's been a whole year since that ginormous packet of paperwork went to Vietnam.

Waiting has become the new normal for me. It's how I roll.

But one thing I can't wait on much longer -- it's time for a new set of wheels. The Maxima has been great, but it's starting to have some problems, and I don't want to put any more money into it. So, I'm going to do a little car shopping. I haven't bought a car seat for Loc yet -- maybe I should before I head to CarMax. I don't want a backseat that's hard to get a wiggling child out of!

No comments: