Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hatin' on the breeders

I had my court-appointed interview yesterday for the readoption. It came in the middle of a long day -- stressful day at work including giving a presentation, then rushing home for the interview, then heading back downtown for a working dinner.

The investigator was very nice, very personable. I really shouldn't complain.

But still.

I have never gotten used to the intrusiveness of the adoption process. I really hated having to answer so many personal questions, particularly about my relationship with Ray. I know we're doing this whole thing in a nontraditional way. So we're under more scrutiny even than a married couple. I know we have to 'splain ourselves to people appointed by the court who are only doing their jobs, and part of that job is looking out for the best interests of a child.

But still.

When breeders have to go through this kind of 3rd degree every time they pop a child into the world, I won't be so cranky.

No comments: