Sunday, April 20, 2008

I knew "late May" was but a dream

Sigh.

Got an email from my agency this week. My I-600 will be filed the second week of May. Let's do the math: It's taking 45 days on average for I-600 approval. Then 10 to 14 days to schedule the Giving & Receiving ceremony. That's about 60 days, give or take, from the second week in May until I get Loc.

60 days. From the second week in May.

And that's if the I-600 takes 45 days. We all know the rumors (threats) of 60 working days.

I thought waiting for the referral was tough, and there were some dark days back there in the winter. But know that I've seen him, this is way harder. He's on my mind constantly. How is he spending his day? Is he happy? Is he being hugged enough? Does he have enough toys to play with?

July cannot get here fast enough.

No comments: