Monday, October 27, 2008

Bye-Bye Bling

There was a momentous event in our home last week.

Owen's little bracelet came off.

I was peeling him out of his getting-snugger-by-the-minute footie pj's when the bracelet popped right off and rolled across the floor.

Uh-oh, I gulped. We're not sure about the bracelet's origin, but he had it on in every photo and video we received of Owen, starting with the photos taken within days of his arrival at the Ham Tan orphanage. (You can see it in this photo that we received in March.) We believe his birthmother put it on him, and we hadn't intended to take it off until we had to cut it off.

And the only time he's bitten me in anger was when I once tried to close the hinge, and he thought I was trying to take it off.

So I quickly picked it up and slipped it back on his hand. But then he started fussing and trying to push it off. I took it off and left it on the floor within easy reach, in case he wanted to put it back on later. But he hasn't gone near it, he's shown no interest in it, he seems to have forgotten all about it.

I guess that means he's home.

No comments: