Friday, August 8, 2008

Got the Pronunciation!

BIG thank-you to Titi! She helped me learn to finally pronounce "Loc" correctly today. Now, I can say it, and Owen Loc gets a huge smile on his face and laughs at me. It's so cool. Before, he wouldn't recognize my botched pronunciation at all.

Owen had his first playdate today, with Danny Phi and Brian, and moms Titi and Cilla. Then we all went to lunch at Udupi Palace, where Owen chowed down on Indian food. He had a great time on the playground equipment, but it was a big day with a lot of new faces. He slept most of the afternoon, and then watched the Olympics opening ceremonies with us. He started singing during the Chinese national anthem. He didn't actually sing the anthem itself-- that would have been wild -- but just his own song. Who knows, maybe it was his national anthem.

While I want to keep getting Owen used to his own name, now I want to call him Loc as much as I can so I retain the pronunciation, and to see that little smile. I hope I'm not confusing him! I've tried using "Owen Loc" all afternoon.

No comments: