Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ice Cream Boy

Everybody likes ice cream. What Bonnie didn't know when she was doing her post last night is that we got a second order of coconut ice cream while we waited for her blogging. Loc just chomped right through the first bowl before I could hardly get a bite. There is nothing to worry about his appetite.

We've been having trouble getting Loc to eat from the stroller, so he sits on a lap to eat most of the time. This means one or the other leaning across the table to offer more food. His appetite varies from day to day fairly widely, so it has been a challenge on that front. Also, he is very 'hands on', as you might expect. So it makes for a mess in our laps and on our shirts/tops, but he is eating well and only some time into the meal does he start to play. It is also hard to tell how much he is eating because if he gets too much in his mouth he like to share. We trying to get him off the formula bottle for nutrition.

On the next leg of the plane ride we'll have in our laps. More feeding from airline trays. But we brought alone 'Bag-O-Snacks' with goldfish like crackers, Teddy Grams and a few other treats. These have worked out great. More to pull out for this leg and I'll have to do my best to make sure he does not grab the bag and dump in in our seats.

We'll see how it does the next 14 hours. How much sleep? How much crying? How much game playing? Just thinking about this future is putting a smile on my face.

You'll see Loc soon. We'll let you know how this leg went. I'll get more pictures posted when we get home - no facility to do it here.

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

For some reason, I thought you would be home already by this time, but I guess not. And of course, I, along with everyone else reading the blog, can't wait to see you and to meet Loc.

I'll put my waiting time to good use by perfecting my celebrity-watching gape. I guess it's going to come in handy!