Monday, July 21, 2008

Countdown to G&R

It's 9:15 a.m. in Vietnam, and the van will be here at 11 with the nannies and the babies. They'll spend a little time with us showing us how to take care of our new children. This is especially important for the little babies who are on formula that no one knows the name of yet, but I've been assured that Loc will eat "everything." I'm hoping his nanny will get me up-to-speed on bedtime and naptime as well as the best ways to comfort him. Yesterday, she was patting his leg, and that seemed to help.

Thao will take the nannies to lunch here at the hotel while we get the kids in their fancy duds for the Giving & Receiving Ceremony. Then we all pile in the van and go down the street to the government office. The G&R is at 2. Then it's back to the hotel for the nannies to say good-bye to the kids. They have taken such great care of our little ones. It's going to be an emotional afternoon.

I want to thank everyone who has commented on the blog -- we love reading your comments and having contact with our friends and family back home. I realized, however, that some of you were having trouble commenting, so I went in and changed the settings to make it easier. So keep the comments coming!

We'll try to post G&R photos this evening (tomorrow morning for you guys).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We appreciate your keeping everyone so up to date. I've been checking up at least 3 times a day and have laughed and cried plenty. We can't wait for you all to get back home. Good luck with the ceremony.

amy said...

oh boy,oh boy!!!!
I am so excited, boy mom was right everytime you see him he brings a smile to your face and a tear to your eye. He is just so awesome!
You guys hang in there, and know we are thinking of you.love ya's

Velvet_Elvis said...

Good luck with the ceremony today. Pretty exciting, huh? By the way, you have that new Mom glow. Or is that the humidity???

These daily posts are great. So nice that you can keep everyone involved and up to date. Don't forget to post some pictures of Ray, too.

Have fun and hurry home,

Donnie and Lynn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to write about your trip. It gives us a little taste of what you are experiencing. Best wishes for your ceremony!

Ron and Cilla said...

We are keeping up with all this exciting news while we are vacationing in Bar Harbor, ME. They have wifi in our little cottage. Please post some more pictures when you can. Danny Phi has made a new friend in our cottage, it is our fan, he seems excited over machines that make noise. (the vacuum cleaner back at home is going to be jealous)

Sally Mack said...

We are keeping up with your adventures and meetings with Loc.... it's an astounding time for you all and we appreciate sharing Thinking of you over the next few days and weeks

titi said...

This is sooooo exciting, Bonnie!!! It brings back a lot of memories for me. Loc's a cutie!!! Don't worry, most kids are cranky when they're sleepy. I can't wait for my son Brian (23 mths) to meet Loc.

Thanks for including me in this memorable journey. Hope you guys will have time to enjoy Saigon, Ha noi, Ha Long Bay, Sapa.... Btw, Trang's new home phone is 9904238.

PS: Loc = Wealth :):)

Dawn said...

Ok, i had to catch up on this all today because i didnt know this blog existed until Melinda wrote an email about it! anyway, congratulations, congratulations congratulations!!!!! he is gorgeous. I cant wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Loc is adorable. I'm sure you just don't want to put him down. Love the photo of him sleeping in your arms. Can't wait to meet him.

I'm enjoying every word and photo from your wonderful adventure.

Karen

Anonymous said...

We are so excited! By now, Loc is your son forever and a wonderful addition to our family. We will be here waiting for your Skypes call & pictures of the ceremony.I'm sure you've all been on an emotional roller coaster these past few days. Every time Caitlyn brings up a new message from you, she says "Watch out- Grandma will knock you down.' Love you

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am just catching up on all the excitement in the past two days. What an awesome time you three ;) are now having together. I can't wait for our rendezvous in the airport on your way back!

RED

momtogavin said...

I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to meet Loc. See you soon. Your blog has been wonderful.
Mindy

Mike said...

Well, my very first blog - imagine that! And absolutely no better reason to catch up with the new millenium than to use it to congratulate you and Ray. What an emotional rollercoaster you must be on right now. I am so happy for you, I could just ... uh ... uh. Well, forget that part.

Your writing brings it all so close to us, Bonnie. What a lucky little guy Loc is. He is truly blessed to have become part of your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and wish you a safe, swift journey back home, so we can all spoil him as well. I talked to your mom tonight - she is somewhere above cloud nine!