Thursday, July 17, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

I'm out of control. In the last half-hour, I've thrown a dozen things in the suitcase that I probably don't need. Shout wipes, dental floss, Dove cleansing pads, Tylenol PM (okay, maybe that will come in handy at 6 tomorrow morning when I'm in the air over the Pacific and want to sleep).

Last-minute task: Photocopying! Ray never signed his passport, rendering all the copies we've made to give over at various government offices useless. So, we'll get that done and then everything will go in the special paperwork envelope I should probably be wearing on my person.

I am hopeless as well as out of control; I logged on to work email this morning and sent a few last-minute messages. Must. Disengage. Now. Hey, it's more difficult than I thought. Aside from my surgeries, I've worked full-time without interruption since 1985. It's how we do.

I read an article on Adoptivefamilies.com this morning about documenting your trip with photos and video. Lots of good tips, but now I feel totally inadequate because I haven't prepared a "shot list" ahead of time. That'll give us something to plan on the plane ride.

I wonder what Loc's up to today. He has no idea what's about to happen to him.

Neither does his new mom, for that matter.

Much, much more to come...maybe from Taipei, and then from Saigon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fear not about having avoided any compilation a "shot list." You guys are indie directors, not formulaic hacks. Loc is a method actor, not some brat pack automaton. Your viewing public is waiting for realism, raw emotion, cinema verite. Action!

Best of luck to all three of you. Have a wonderful journey.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am sitting here with the biggest smile on my face! It's so exciting! Best of luck and loads of love to all of you. We will be checking frequently for your updates!